Developing software the Agile way
Wintec City Campus,
Events Room Two,
Agile software development, with its focus on delivery of working software, intense collaboration and rapid feedback, can deliver better results for both the customer and the project team.
But what do we mean by agile, and how do we know if it's right for us?
This half day 'Introduction to Agile' workshop provides an overview of the values and principles that underpin agile methods such as Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP) and Kanban. It explores the cultural shifts that need to occur for agile to succeed, as well as covering common terminology and agile practices. It also looks at potential risks in adopting agile, and how to set your agile project and team up for success.
The workshop covers the following:
- The agile evolution
- The agile manifesto - values and principles
- Popular agile frameworks including Scrum, XP, Kanban
- Applying common agile practices
- Agile roles and responsibilities
- Agile risk assessment
This course will be delivered by a certified training instructor who is also a Certified Scrum Master and practicing IT consultant. Course concepts will be reinforced with real world examples.
Duration: 1/2 Day
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The culture shifts that occur when moving to agile
- Key agile concepts, practices and terminology
- How team member roles change on an Agile software development project
- The value in assessing a project's Agile potential in its early stages
- IT Professionals and Managers who want to know more about agile concepts and terminology
- Clients and other stakeholders of agile software development projects
- Anyone considering getting involved in agile software development and wanting to get a good initial understanding of the topic.
Anthony Boobier is an Equinox Consultant who has over 15 years experience of working within the IT industry, the last 8 have been focused on Agile software development. Anthony has worked with a variety of Organisations in, Government and the private sector within New Zealand and the UK. Anthony is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified IT Professional (CITP), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) and founder member and treasurer of the Wellington Agile Professionals Network
Equinox IT is an independent IT consultancy, software development, and training company based in Wellington and Auckland - www.equinox.co.nz.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to email@example.com. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$230.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$276.00|