Project Management - Intro and Practice
This event is not currently active.
Wintec City Campus,
Bill Gallagher Events Room Two
This one-day workshop will provide an introduction to the profession of project management, an overview of its terminology, practices and techniques and cover a series of practical examples - perfect for anyone looking to change career or for anyone being asked to manage small projects.
This workshop combines the highly popular IITP "Introduction to Project Management" and "Project Management in Practice" half-day workshops into a single one-day course.
In this workshop you'll be led through real world examples from the experience your trainer brings, learning techniques and developing tools applicable to any type of small project. Working in small groups our exercises are designed to give you practical skills to develop, progress and implement commonsense Project Management in your workplace.
The workshop will cover the following:
- What is a project?
- Overview of the project structure
- What is project management?
- Phases of a project (Start Up, Initiate, Delivery, Closedown)
- Project Purpose and Objectives: This will help you identify how a business case (and therefore a project) is developed.
- Project Organisation Structure: Design a project organisation structure to understand what the specific roles of project governance are.
- Risk analysis: Examine project risks and perform a specific risk analysis exercise, helping you to develop an understanding of how to manage the impact of risks and maximise opportunities.
- Project Planning: Working through specific planning techniques for an example project. Better understand what planning techniques exist, how they should be used and what level of planning should occur.
- Quality: In this exercise you will document quality requirements for one or more deliverables and learn how to keep track of it throughout its creation.
- Project Monitoring and Reporting: In this exercise you will produce a project management report and outline the specific monitoring requirements that a project may utilise.
- Benefits: Identifying, tracking and ensuring that benefits are realised
- Leadership: Developing the skills for getting the best of the people involved in your projects.
At the end of the full day workshop delegates will be able to:
- Start to apply project management practices in real life
- Start running your own projects
- Start developing hands on skills in the tools required by a Project Manager
- Understand the basics of project management
- Understand project management terminology
- Be able to manage a project using commonsense and good communication rather than a formal project management method
- Managers and IT professionals being asked to manage a project for the first time
- Clients and other stakeholders who have a role in ensuring small projects proceed smoothly to a successful completion
- Senior managers governing small projects
- Those IT professionals looking to move into the project management profession
About the Trainer
Colin Ellis hails from the UK and has close to 15 years multi-industry project, programme and programme office management experience. He has recently set up his own consultancy in Wellington as The PMO Guy and is providing project management training and programme and project management consultancy services to the public and private sector.
Colin is passionate about project management, is a qualified PRINCE2, MSP and P30 practitioner and is keen to work with other members of the community to ensure that the key elements of the profession are not lost in a candidate rich market.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$349.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$395.00|