NZCS Workshop: Introduction to Software Testing
Wintec House Long Room
Wintec City Campus,
In this information age we rely heavily on software applications and IT in both our personal and professional lives -on-line banking, Facebook, payroll, order processing, and using mobile telephones to name a few examples.
Testing is a vital discipline to ensure that these software applications and IT systems meet the identified requirements and work to an acceptable standard.
This half-day 'Introduction to Testing' course provides a high level overview of testing for both people new to testing, or those needing an awareness of the topic. The course covers the fundamental principles, processes, mindset, terminology and activities involved in testing.
The content and terminology in this course strongly aligns with the introductory sections of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) foundation certification syllabus, providing a good foundation in testing and a stepping stone for anyone wanting a develop a career in testing.
This course will be delivered by a certified training instructor who is also a practicing test manager and IT consultant. While the course will introduce a number of concepts, these will be backed up by real world examples and applied learning.
The workshop covers the following:
- What is testing and why is it necessary
- Testing principles
- Fundamental test process
- The testing mindset
- Testing within the broader software development process
- Test levels and test types
Book Early - numbers are very limited
Duration: 1/2 Day
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles, processes, mindset, terminology and activities involved in testing
- Understand the levels and types of testing, and how these fit into broader software development and IT processes
- Provide a higher quality and more proactive testing process, and understand the importance of such
- Developers and others who need to consider testing and be involved in the process, but that have no formal testing background
- IT Professionals and managers who have been asked to participate in or manage the testing of a project or projects
- Clients and other stakeholders who have a role in project testing or acceptance
- Anyone considering a career in testing and wanting to get an initial understanding of the topic.
John O'Brien is a Senior Consultant in Equinox's IT Governance Practice. John has over 20 years of IT experience with a strong focus on testing, test management, and test strategy. In additional to his consulting and test management activities, John is a certified instructor in Equinox's training business and is an ISTQB certified testing professional.
Equinox IT is an independent IT consultancy, software development, and training company based in Wellington and Auckland - www.equinox.co.nz.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to email@example.com. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$230.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$276.00|