Introduction to Software Testing
This event is not currently active.
Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
Reno Massetti Room
Cnr Princes and High Streets
In this information age we rely heavily on software applications and IT in both our personal and professional lives -on-line banking, Facebook, payroll, order processing, and using mobile telephones to name a few examples.
Testing is a vital discipline to ensure that these software applications and IT systems meet the identified requirements and work to an acceptable standard.
This half-day 'Introduction to Testing' course provides a high level overview of testing for both people new to testing, or those needing an awareness of the topic. The course covers the fundamental principles, processes, mindset, terminology and activities involved in testing.
The content and terminology in this course strongly aligns with the introductory sections of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) foundation certification syllabus, providing a good foundation in testing and a stepping stone for anyone wanting a develop a career in testing.
This course will be delivered by a certified training instructor who is also a practicing test manager and IT consultant. While the course will introduce a number of concepts, these will be backed up by real world examples and applied learning.
The workshop covers the following:
- What is testing and why is it necessary
- Testing principles
- Fundamental test process
- The testing mindset
- Testing within the broader software development process
- Test levels and test types
Book Early - numbers are very limited
Duration: 1/2 Day
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles, processes, mindset, terminology and activities involved in testing
- Understand the levels and types of testing, and how these fit into broader software development and IT processes
- Provide a higher quality and more proactive testing process, and understand the importance of such
- Developers and others who need to consider testing and be involved in the process, but that have no formal testing background
- IT Professionals and managers who have been asked to participate in or manage the testing of a project or projects
- Clients and other stakeholders who have a role in project testing or acceptance
- Anyone considering a career in testing and wanting to get an initial understanding of the topic.
Neil Gray is the Performance Engineering Practice Director for Equinox IT. Neil has extensive experience in testing, performance testing, and test management. He has previously part-owned and managed niche testing company Software 9000 and was the New Zealand Country Manager for Rational Software. In addition to his consulting and practice leadership responsibilities, Neil is also a certified training instructor in Equinox IT's training business.
Equinox IT is an independent IT consultancy, software development, and training company based in Wellington and Auckland - www.equinox.co.nz.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$230.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$276.00|