Business Analysis for Professionals
University of Otago House,
385 Queen Street,
What is Business Analysis? What are the processes and concepts involved and how do you move into this area?
The organisations that we work in are continuously changing. Business Analysis is a fundamental set of activities performed to define the change that a business requires. Often these activities focus on ensuring that the true underlying business problem or problems are understood and that the change (including any IT changes) once implemented will solve these known problems.
This half-day introductory course on Business Analysis provides a high level awareness of Business Analysis. Attention is given to key concepts, terminology, discipline areas, and primary activities involved in this crucial discipline.
The course content for the discipline areas is consistent with International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Body of Knowledge. The course is targeted at those who need an awareness and overview of business analysis and provides an initial stepping stone for anyone wanting to develop a career in Business Analysis.
Duration: Half Day.
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts, terminology and activities involved in Business Analysis.
- Briefly explain the primary discipline areas involved in Business Analysis.
- Have a greater understanding of the fundamental principles of this area.
- Managers, IT Professionals and business representatives who work with business analysts and want more awareness of the role
- Anyone considering a career in Business Analysis and wanting to take the first step in understanding the topic.
This course will be delivered by a certified training instructor who is also a practicing Business Analyst and IT consultant. While the course will introduce a number of concepts, these will be backed up by real world examples and applied learning.
The course covers the following:
- Definition of Business Analysis
- Key Business Analysis concepts
- Business Analysis discipline areas
- Primary Business Analysis activities
Ross Wilson is a Principal Consultant in in Equinox IT's Business Analysis Practice. Ross has many years of experience in business analysis and IT consulting. In addition to his consulting activities, Ross is a certified instructor in Equinox IT's training business and is a Certified BPMN Professional.
|IITP Financial Members||$230.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$276.00|