Strategically Managing the IT Service Lifecycle
This event is not currently active.
University of Otago House,
385 Queen Street,
IT Service Management plays a strategic role in the definition, development and operation of IT services.
This impacts the identification and delivery of business value, having a service-aligned organisational structure, alignment of silos and the use of governance as an enabler. Lastly it hinders the transformation of the IT organisation from one that is usually characterised by a technology focus to one that has a strong business focus.
This interactive seminar is designed to provide the audience with an understanding of the importance of the strategic role of ITIL together with other governance frameworks to facilitate strategic decision making and investment in services and in order to transform from a technology service provider to a business service provider.
The seminar is intended to give the audience an understanding of what IT Service Management is, how it can be implemented at a high level and the critical role it plays within organisations while attempting to not be bogged down with a focus on technology and tools.
Duration: Full Day
- Understanding the strategic role of the Service Management lifecycle as recently defined in ITIL Version 3.
- How the components parts of IT Service Management work and underpin the Lifecycle.
- The session will also touch industry frameworks and standards to support IT Service management such as COBiT, ISO/IEC20000, SFIA, etc.
- People in management and senior management
- People who are new into the industry and have a service aspect to their role; in essence… everyone!
- People in any organisation who have been given responsibility for improving aspects of their role, whether it be on a personal, team, or wider group level.
- People who don't look at the word "Service" as something that would be a lot easier if it wasn't for the customer.
Debra Brooking is a qualified ITIL Expert and an ITIL Infrastructure Manager. She has extensive experience in the ICT industry for over 15 years across a number of fields including Service Desk, Incident Management, Operations Management, Vendor Management, Financial Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Outsourcing. Her involvement included industries such as telecommunications, insurance, and outsourcing companies.
Her experience includes involvement in the mainframe, network, server, workstation and distributed deployment and support from both an application and hardware perspective.
Her focus over the last number of years have been around implementing ITIL processes in the work environment, particularly employed in roles where significant changes in structure and process were required to ensure profitable business units.
Debra holds the ITIL Expert certification and provides both consultancy and training services for ProActive Services.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to email@example.com. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$349.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$395.00|