IT Governance Fundamentals
This event is not currently active.
University of Otago House,
385 Queen Street,
IT Governance is focused on the leadership, structures and processes that ensure that an organisation's information technology sustains and extends the overall organisation's strategies and objectives.
This half-day workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of IT Governance, its relationship with Corporate Governance and its relevance in developing and sustaining organisations in the private and public sector.
The workshop will use a participative approach using case study material. Real world examples will be used from the real-world experience that your trainer brings. We will provide you with course notes, guides, templates and checklists as well as references for further reading.
The workshop covers the following:
- An introduction to IT Governance
- An overview of why organisations need IT Governance
- IT Governance as a subset of Corporate Governance
- Discussion of the roles of the Board, and responsibilities of executive management and the CIO
- IT Governance Assessment and Maturity Model
- Identification of the steps involved in implementing IT Governance
- Challenges to be overcome in implementation
- Skills required of CIO's, CEO's and Board member
- Examples of current business/IT alignment and governance models and standards
- A Board IT Governance Checklist
- An overview of the ISO 38500 IT Governance Standard
Book Early - numbers are very limited
Duration: 1/2 Day
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define IT Governance and its relationship to Corporate Governance
- Assess the maturity of IT governance in their organisation at a basic level
- Describe the three pillars for effective IT Governance
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Board, IT Strategy Committee, CEO, Business Executives and CIO for IT Governance
- Understand the use of a Board IT Governance Checklist to uncover issues
- Board Members, CIOs, CEOs or executives
- Individuals wanting to reach those positions and needing a base-level understanding of IT Governance
- Anyone with an interest in understanding IT Governance
Murray Wills aka "the Virtual CIO" is Principal Consultant and Managing Director of Maxsys Limited (www.maxsys.co.nz). Murray brings extensive hands on experience as a consultant / advisor to government agencies and private sector organisations where he advises Boards, CEO's and CIO's in IT Management, Project Management and Governance.
As an author in the areas of IT strategy, project management and IT governance for industry journals, his own, and other blogs, his expertise reaches an international audience.
Murray has a Master's Degree in Business Studies from Massey University majoring in Information Systems with distinction.
Along with being a Full Member of the New Zealand Computer Society and an IT Certified Professional (ITCP), he is a Member of the NZ Institute of Directors and a Gateway Reviewer.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|IITP Financial Members||$230.00|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$276.00|